Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tanze Mit Widernde Hunde

The best I can figure it, the sign I saw while I was running this morning was some sort of advisory about wild dogs. It was early and only peeking light, misty with a wooly fog hanging on the mountains. The black pebbles on the trail were wet and black and the evergreens were dark-trunked and thick. Mud was cold and the whole forest smelled like wild clover, and that advisory sign was the type of creepy that you can feel brushing your neck hairs up.
I unplugged my iPod so I could hear any toe clicking or soft panting , and I kept looking behind me as I ran, got lost, backtracked and eventually made my way back to the hotel.
So, I'd like to give a shout out to all my wildernde hunde out there and say thanks for mot eating me this morning. Kibble's on me tomorrow.
And I must have been a bit bothered, because as I write this over breakfast, I just realized I put sauerkraut on my eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Wooly fog? Was it itchy? Glad you made it back okay.

    How were the eggs?

    ReplyDelete