Monday, October 5, 2009

"Shit." "What?" "Rollers." "No." "Yeah." "Shit."

I got a speeding ticket the other night. Usually this would bum me out, but here's why I'm not: I got it in a broken-ass hybrid with a 3 cylinder engine, failing electronics and almost 200k miles on it. I've recently been learning how to tweak these electric-assist-gasoline-engine jobbies, and apparently I did something right. So, I'll save the rant about the rollers having better things to do with their time and worse derelicts than yours-truly to worry about (they do) and I'll just give myself a pat on the back for old fashioned ingenuity, and running like moonshine and thunder-road in the South Carolina mountains.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go J! Kudos on the car know-how...esp. a hibrid! Isn't it nice being impressed with what you've learned and being able to apply/do something with it (whether it's in you favor or not)?

    Yes....the cops have better things to do with their time.

    ReplyDelete